The last thing I want to do when it is really hot outside is turn on my oven or stand by a barbecue. My slow cooker is probably most used during these hot summer months and these pulled pork sandwiches are so easy to throw together in the early afternoon and will turn out perfect by dinner time.
Here is what you will need:
- 2 good size shallots.
- Boneless Pork Loin Roast (Size depends on how many people you are feeding. I usually look for an 8 lb roast, but have used 2 small roast if I can’t find a larger one.
- bottle of barbecue sauce.
- ½ cup of low sodium chicken broth.
- ¼ cup of Dijon mustard.
- ¼ cup ketchup.
- teaspoon of garlic powder.
- big pinch of salt and pepper.
Here is what you need to do:
Slice up the 2 shallots and place in bottom of slow cooker.
Place pork loin on top of shallots.
In a medium bowl, mix together the barbecue sauce, chicken broth, mustard, ketchup, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
Pour mixture over the top of the roast, cover and set slow cooker on high for 4 hours or medium for 6 hours. When time is up, use to forks to pull the meat apart and give it all a good mix into the hot tangy sauce. I like to serve the meat on a seeded crunchy roll with a big dollop of cole slaw to top it off.